Thursday 12 January 2012

Christmas is sooo last year - clear the boozy cherries out.

It's Easter don't ya know?! Well, according to Mr and Mrs Creme Egg. They appear earlier and get smaller every year, bah humbug.


Well, who needs creme eggs when you have a jar of Morello cherries lurking in the cupboard. Along with some other remnants of Christmas, I made a very indulgent dessert. I am breastfeeding after all, no January diets in my house. 


So, I 'marinaded' the cherries in syrup with some brandy in one of my Kilner jars, made some seriously sticky chocolate brownies and piled whipped double cream on top along with the brandy cherries....yum!! 
Note: very boozy, therefore eaten after baby's last feed :-)




With half a jar left, I am trying to decide what else I can do with them....maybe blend and turn to jelly to serve in small glasses on top of set custard??

No comments:

Post a Comment